General Occupational Health Risk Services
The primary objective of the professional occupational hygiene programme is the identification, evaluation and control of the health risks in the workplace which includes the following:-
- Reviewing existing and proposed processes for possible health hazards.
- Inspecting of workplaces.
- Assessing the degree to which workers are at risk, sometimes by measuring.
- Monitoring trends in employee exposure.
- Identifying sources of discharge to external environment.
- Development of control programmes to manage occupational risks.
- Communicating information on risks and the control thereof.
- Persuading people to institute controls.
- Ensure legal compliance to occupational hygiene standards.